Sunday, January 22, 2012

So much to do... so little time...

Since I didn't have clinical this Friday, I headed to my mom's for the weekend.  I was glad I could make it home in the morning before the snow really hit.  It was the first weekend that actually felt like it was winter in Chicago. I think we got around 8 inches of snow that day.  I primarily focused on homework while my mom cleaned through the house and then we all sat and watched Annie.  Well at least half of Annie and then I zonked out, which worked out well because I didn't have to help shovel the driveway.  It was nice to be in the burbs with my car in a garage instead of in the city covered in snow.  I probably should have gotten more school stuff done that day, but what can you do.

Saturday was full of errands, nine to be exact:  post office... bank... mall...  Office Depot... Steinmart... drop of sausage... Micheal's....  Old Navy...  Ulta Beauty...  Then we ended the running around with a stop at Nani and Papa's for some homemade pizza.  News on that side of the family travels fast and when one finds out someone is heading over there, then they want to stop by too.  It was fun checking blood pressure on everyone there and I think I'm starting to get the knack for it.  Well except for older adults which are the most difficult... couldn't find it on Nani unfortunately.  I had all intentions of getting some patho objectives done, but if you know my family, you know that is near impossible when everyone is together.

oldie but a goodie from our girls
trip to Puerto Vallarta in 2008
That night my mom and I headed to Angela's mom's for some delicious cake to celebrate all her family's January birthdays.  Her mom is  planning on opening a little bakery/cafe and I have no problem being a tester!  The cannoli cake and carrot cake were out of this world and an added bonus to the good company.  Happy birthday Angela, I cant believe we've been friends for 18 years.  Even though you can be a B!*% I wouldn't trade your honest and blunt friendship for any other.

Sunday I was able to have a lovely breakfast with my sister, dad and grandparents at Egg'lectic Cafe in Wheaton.  I have yet to be disappointed with their breakfast and Im glad everyone enjoyed their meals just as much as I did.  It was a busy weekend and I probably should have put more stress on school, but I was happy to make the rounds and see all my family when I was home.  Then I headed back to the city to host the weekly study group.  Thank you Mary for the wonderful cookies.  You don't have to bring something to every study group, but I can't wait to see what the special Superbowl Sunday study sesh will bring!  We don't have a patho test until next week so the studying was more low key, but we want to stay on top of the overwhelming amount of information with hopes that our next test scores go up so the weekly study sessions will ensue for the rest of the quarter.    

1 comment:

  1. Awe thanks!!!!! The picture cracks me up every time I see it and in reality that's what I actually look like lmao. My honesty doesn't just include telling you all the truth it also includes me!!

    ReplyDelete