Thursday, January 26, 2012

A New Tradition

This week was the first of many "family dinners" with the roommates.  All three of us are super busy and everyone operates on a different schedule that we never get to eat together.  Often one will start cooking or order something not knowing if the others are coming home and then they do and we can't eat together.  So we have designated Tuesday as "family dinner" night and everyone is expected to be home at a decent hour to eat dinner together.

Tyler started it off and texted me while I was studying,"How does native food sound?"  I had no idea what that was but responded sounds good!  The whole el ride home this is what went through my head:  Is native Indian food?  Did he mean native as in indigenous?  Why didn't he just say American?  I had no idea what meal I was going to go home to.  Unbeknownst to me, I came home to nothing.  Our first dinner taking turns cooking and Tyler didn't cook any dinner.  Instead he decided to take us out to a restaurant down the street called Native Foods.  It was an all natural local vegan place.  I was excited to try it, Tyler already loved it (he actually had it for lunch that day too) and Matt couldn't curse out the hippies under his breath enough.  We're all very different, but in some bizarre way we work.

The food was great.  I couldn't believe how much the non-chicken looked, tasted and had the texture of real chicken.  They also had a great lavender lemonade.  We sat and chit chatted for a while but then it was time to hit the books again.  I had my first Core Concepts test in the morning and Ill be damned if I was going to do as poorly as I did in patho the week before.  Just got my test results back and I got a B.  Not ecstatic about it but Ill take it for test one.  I anticipate the grade will only go up from there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment