On day two I sat next to Mary, a fellow "sister" from undergrad. Random story that we are back in school together. She applied to the program way before me, but lived in New York and kept deferring, and deferring and deferring. I kept saying I wouldn't believe she accepted until I saw her at orientation... and there she was!
On my first day, I tried to feel out the cohort, knowing I'd be spending a lot of time with these people for the next two years. There are three ladies that I already know and loved, but the rest were up in the air, and I already despise someone... She was a little overbearing and introduced herself by saying "Hi Im Vivian! Peace!" making two peace signs for the letter V. Too much, just too much for me. I was cordial , but have made note of this character and will keep my distance. Sorry, first impressions are everlasting.Overall, orientation was great, but a lot of my fellow newbies started making me nervous that this program was way more intense than I anticipate. One asked a current student, "Do you do anything besides school?" Seriously?! It's nursing school, not a black hole. I mean I pretty much am a professional student and have been managing school, work and life for years. How could this be much different? Only time will tell I suppose...
No comments:
Post a Comment