You may be wondering how my weekends have changed since starting school. So far the answer to that is, not much. I headed to my mom's on Friday evening to hang out. I used my sister and her as guinea pigs for checking blood pressure since I'm so bad a hearing a pulse. That was pretty much the extent of my studying for that day. My teachers said it is something that will come with a lot of practice and I have a feeling Im going to be frustrated with that for a while. According to me every one of my practice patients is dead because I hear nada.
Saturday, I spent the morning and afternoon doing homework and reading. Then it was off to my cousin's for Abigail's 4th birthday. It was a small family gathering, but sometimes those are the best. It wasn't long before the kids were sent to bed and the adults increased their consumption of alcoholic beverages. By then my plans for going out with friends in Naperville were out the window so I just looked like I got a little overdressed for a 4 year old's party. That night my cousin Bobby introduced me to moonshine. It was top of the line (which sounds like an oxymoron to me) and in a giant mason jar. The smell was horrific but I was assured that "it goes down smooth" so I gave it a try. Well, the taste pretty much paralleled the smell and I wouldn't pay two dollars for that bottle, let alone 200! However, that taste didn't stop me from joining in on the toast for round two. It was nice to forget about the stress of my hectic schedule, enjoy good company and get a little toasty. Bobby and I ended up talking til 4am which is not conducive to my plan of catching up on sleep during the weekend, but we hardly see each other and I love catching up and spending quality time with him. It was a great and well needed shindig Bobby and Beth, thanks!
Sunday, I met Carla for breakfast before heading back to the city. Exhausted, I decided it was best to rest my eyes for a bit since I probably wouldn't absorb anything if I hit the books right away. Now rejuvenated, I plan to hammer out three chapters from my Theoretical Basis for Nursing book, but that might be too ambitious of a goal since there really aren't a lot of pictures in it.... I'll keep you posted on the progress.
We always enjoy "Stina" time and are so happy you came to celebrate the big 4!!!!!!
ReplyDelete