Right before things got crazy, I did manage to have one fun summer weekend. With everyone busy with their own hectic lives, we have to plan weeks ahead of time to all get together. Plan A was that Me, Carla, Lee, Angie and her cousin Stephano from Italy would all meet at the 59 exit on 90 and car pool together. The menu was planned and purchased with a buffet of alcohol to choose from. Then Angie decided to twist her ankle the night before loading up her car. I was prepared to be a crutch as she hobbled to the vineyard or onto the golf cart, but there was no convincing her... she was out. After seeing a picture of the softball she called an ankle, I was a bit more understanding, still not happy, but understanding.
.JPG)
So Lee and his two future wives (lets be real, marrying Carla is like a 2 for 1 deal) headed to Apple Canyon to join my mom, aunt, and uncle for the weekend. First thing we did was munch on some apps, make a larger beverage and hit the trails! The golf cart trails are one of the key attractions of Apple Canyon and you really need to experience it to understand it. The drought has been devastating this year. I the picture of Carla and I there is usually a gushing waterfall in the background, this year there was hardly a trickle. With that being said the trails were extra dusty and we were covered by the time we got back. Literally a cloud of dust loomed behind us with each step.
.JPG)
The next day we were suppose to go to the Galena Vineyard and Winery, pretty much protocol for an ACL trip. Unfortunately it rained for most of the day. We staying inside and created our own party, played games and watched a copy of a Bait Car episode, a reality show my uncle will be starring in come October. When the skies finally cleared up it was too late to go to the Vineyard so we decided to go to New Diggings instead. Its a small, small town that has two biker bars. I hopped on my uncles Harley and everyone else piled into the car for our new adventure. The town is so small it only has one hard liquor licence to give, and since there are only two bars, they decided to give it to no one to be fair. They found a loop hole by making margaritas with agave wine, which weren't too shabby, but I decided to stick to the beer menu.
.JPG)
Of course the last day we were there it was beautiful. We went on a lovely boat ride with the Mannix family. Lee managed to impress us with his gymnastics skills jumping off the boat and a big rock from the canyon. Pat tried to duplicate it and well, I'd give him an A for effort. Then we went to The Cove for some cocktails where I had an amazing drink. I don't remember the name, but it was essentially a long island with cranberry juice instead of coke. I think it might have been a long beach but regardless it was delicious and I will be having that again. It was a nice relaxing weekend filled with good company. We wished Angie could have been there, but we will just have to plan a fall trip (no pun intended) so she can reunite with her best friend, the golf cart. But that was the end of the fun. I had to put myself in a nursing silo when I got back
No comments:
Post a Comment