Monday, July 2, 2012

A Very Wilbur Weekend

Im just a week off on the blog.  Not too shabby for me.....
Im not going to lie, it takes some time to get back into the swing of things after having a week off.  Luckily I had the pleasant distraction of family festivities so I didn't feel so guilty not hitting the books as hard as I probably should.  Friday I was pooped.  Although I have class only til noon, I stayed at school to study some of the most frequently used drugs since "I am the nurse" this quarter in clinical.  I probably should know what drugs my patients are on and why.  Then I cleaned up a bit since my dad was coming to stay over on Saturday.

Saturday we had my Uncle Charles 50th Birthday party.  My aunt had quite the spread.  There were probably five main dished and at least ten sides to choose from.  A dish for every palate and everything was delish!  Im not going to lie I was pretty impressed with their party throwing abilities.  Booze was flowing, food was a plenty and there were a ton of people.  I dont think know I don't know that many people, let alone that many that would come to a birthday party of mine.  It was a great time but then my dad and I headed back to the city to meet up with Uncle Matt, Aunt Denise and some of their friends at Crossing.  They frequent in the same type of bar atmosphere I like to be in so I'm surprised I haven't randomly bumped into them ever.... Oh wait, nursing school has totally cramped my social life, I rarely go to bars these days.

I offered my place to my dad since it would have been silly to drive to Park Ridge, drive home, and then come back to Chicago for Henry's graduation party.  We had a great time catching up until 3 in the morning.  We eased into the morning and headed just a few blocks from my place to Henry's graduation party.  He is going to UC Boulder this fall.  I'm so jealous, undergrad college was the best.  Trying not to schedule it during a cubs game, my aunt happened to unknowingly plan the party the week of pride.  There was a lot of rainbow walking down the street, but hardly a representation of the craziness that ensues at the parade.  All in all it was a fun weekend.  Now I need to actually start getting serious about this quarter.  Im hoping working hard during the week will give me a little liberty to enjoy some of this beautiful Chicago summer on the weekends.



No comments:

Post a Comment