Thursday, July 5, 2012

God Bless America

My mom decided to throw a party for the forth of July and I had invited my roommates to come along.  Matt spent the night on Tuesday and we went out to Hawthorn's with Chelsey, Trevor and my dad.  It was a great time and the beers were going down nice and easy because it was still so hot, even at night.     Matt was a sweet heart and brought my mom flowers and a bottle of wine.  Unfortunately, he got a red which my mom won't drink so we drank it ourselves when we got home from the bar.

I saw this flag cake online and was determined to make one for the party.  I think it turned out pretty great!  The blue had pureed blueberries and the red had strawberries.  The frosting was a homemade cream cheese flavor.  The cake wasn't that hard to make, it just took some time to put it all together.  It was a big hit though and super moist inside.  

The next day people started piling in.  Tyler and his friend Christopher came in on the Metra and the party got started.  There was quite a spread of food and drinks were flowing. It was so hot that the party stayed inside for most of the day.  That is until the slip and slide was set up.  Two slides down and I was done.  Carla and Lee stopped by for a while after going to her parents house.  Of course no summer party would be complete without a few rounds of Taps too!  I am happy to report that I still haven't lost my touch.  The night was complete with another great fireworks display from Trevor.  It was a great party and filled with tears of laughter.


1 comment: