Friday, March 30, 2012

One down, Nine to go....

While break was fun, it was like we didn't even skip a beat between quarter 1 and 2.  This quarter I am taking four classes and this is what my week looks like

  • Monday:  Health Assessment and Health Promotion
  • Tuesday:  Pharmacology
  • Wednesday:  Synthesis
  • Thursday: Nursing Learning Lab
  • Friday:  Clinical or Load Day
I don't have a day off like I did last quarter, but the days are shorter Wednesday through Friday.  In addition I am still at the sausage factory monday and wednesdays.  I am not tutoring any more but have picked up babysitting the boys again every other thursday.  I still manage to get into the PACU to volunteer every once in a while too.  I think I've gotten all I could out of it, but I want to maintain a relationship for when it comes to job search time.  

It's nice that some of my teachers are familiar.  My clinical instructor from Q1 is one of my health assessment teachers for Q2.  Also, my pharm teacher is the same teacher who taught me patho last quarter.  Tami and Rosita are still teaching the Lab portion as well.  Health assessment and pharm are going to be the most challenging courses, I feel.  

Synthesis is a culmination of everything we're learning.  We get weekly case studies and have to apply core concepts, pathophysiology, pharmacology and health assessment to come up with a solution. It's kinda like Law and Order where the cases are dramatized but based on real cases.  The teacher seems awesome.  She started the class by playing Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" and bobbing her head, but don't let that fool you, she's wicked smart and expects you to work hard.  I look forward to the growth potential this class can give me in the clinical setting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment