Thursday, March 29, 2012

Escape to the Cape: Spring Break (Part 1)

I had a fabulous time on spring break and can't thank Auntie Gam and Uncle Al enough for the hospitality and generosity.  Uncle Tom dropped me off in style with the squad car and I was off... or so I thought.  My flight was delayed so they put me on a different flight to Philadelphia instead of Charlotte.  I was suppose to only be an hour behind schedule.  When I got to Philly my plane was having "mechanical issues"  and they weren't sure if they needed to get a different plane.  That was when I decided to go to the bar across from my gate and get a breakfast cocktail.  Conveniently there were a group of NYFD boys waiting to fly out to march in a St. Patty's day parade in Savannah, GA.  Apparently they go to a different city each year.  It wasn't too shabby.  I finally got to Fort Meyers 2+ hours after I was suppose to and vacation began.  We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and then took a stroll on the golf cart.
These are burrowing owls.  If they decided to move into your yard,
you cant do anything about it.  It's against the law to disturb them.
The next day was St. Patty's day.  It's a little different in Florida than it is in Chicago, but I'd trade a green river for nice pool anyday.  I was given to option to day drink at a pub, but I was in vacation mode and wanted to get my tan on stat.  Each drink went down easier than the first and then I met the gentleman with a handle of Crown Royal...  I graciously invited him, his wife and their friend to dinner where green beer would be a must.      
Green cup in hand for the holiday!
Shots poolside, didn't even have to get out of the water
Auntie Gam drinking a beer!
or maybe just posing for the picture...
Monday Uncle Al made arrangements to take a boat out from the boat club he's a member of.  I enjoyed following the map and then seeing all the sea life.  I literally could reach out of the boat and touch the dolphins and manatees.  Uncle kept telling me to take pictures, but I wanted to just enjoy the moment.  We preordered subs from the grocery store and beached the boat to enjoy lunch and some sun on a little island.  
Me and the captain.
Manatees playing in the water.
Don't worry we idled the boat.
It was a pleasant ride up in the front, not bumpy at all.
A little chilly when speeding though.
Dolphins!  Everywhere!
I was sitting in front to be closer to the dolphins, but then
I had to get back in the boat b/c the captain said it was illegal :o(
This is when you know I've had enough sun.
The lucky fishing hat comes out.
Part 2 coming soon.  Now I need to hit the books, I already have a test on monday....


No comments:

Post a Comment