Next week I only have my synthesis exam and it's a test you can't really study for. We get a case study and have to answer questions, make connections and draw conclusions based on the patient information provided. It's open book too so today Im going to make a cheat sheet of lab values and mark common conditions in my book so I can find them faster. The exam is more of a test of time management and organization than anything else.
So this weekend I thought I would check some errands off my checklist while I have the time. I've been meaning to get a book shelf for my room because all my nursing stuff has slowly been spewing into the living room, contributing to my roommate Matt's demise I'm sure. I scoped it out online before and they had plenty of cheap options to make it worth my while to make the trek out to Schaumburg. My old WB friend Anne, roommate Tyler and his friend Logan all piled into my car and we began our roadtrip, but not before stopping at taco bell first. Since I anticipated this being a lengthy trip and had to babysit that night, I made the executive decision that we could eat in the car as long as Tyler was comfortable saucing my tacos for me. Yeah, that didn't come out sounding right and became the ongoing joke of the day. Note to self: Tacos, not the best road food...
I had been warned that IKEA on a weekend was a horrible idea, but with my hectic schedule, that's the only time I have to go. The parking lot paralleled with something you'd see driving into Six Flags on a clear summer day. We braved it and fantasized about living in one of their model kitchens. It made me really want to find a fixer up house that I could make my own. After contemplating three different shelves I went with the modern glass shelf one. I don't think it's suppose to be a bookself, but I envisioned it perfectly with bookends. I might or might not have also bought a new duvet cover. Th had caught my eye, was super cheap and would totally change the look of my room. I've had the same bedding for about seven years now so I felt comfortable treating myself.
Our next obstacle was trying to get all of our loot into my car. I realized my back seat doesn't go down. I guess when acura makes a luxury vehicle they don't anticipate the owner wanting to haul very large items around in it. We managed to get two giant boxes into my car along with four people. It wasn't the most comfortable ride back to the city for my passengers, but they managed.
After babysitting I was anxious to get the shelf put together. I opened the instructions and this was the first picture I saw...
Great, I thought. I'm already not following instructions. This was going to have to be a Saturday night solo job whether the picture told me to or not. Being my mother's daughter, I wasn't too worried about putting the shelf together all by myself. Mission accomplished! The shelf looks great, my vision was spot on and everything is super organized now. I literally just sat in bed and stared at it for a bit when I woke up this morning. This is what my life has become... fieldtrips to home stores, Saturday nights building shelves and basking in the delight of my home improvements. I think I've hit middle-age.


No comments:
Post a Comment