Sunday, Chelsey, my dad and I went to a Cubs rooftop game. It seems every year they have a groupon deal, my dad and I went last year and now that Chels is 21 she joined in on the fun. I have a feeling we're going to make it a tradition. My dad drove up early and we had some donuts and breakfast cocktails before heading to the game. My new favorite is vodka and soda with a spash of orange juice. It's not as sweet as a screwdriver and the fizz makes it extra refreshing. They go down easy! Chels was in tears with a tooth ache, but the trooper didn't let that get her down (I hope her dentist apt. goes well today).
.JPG)
In lue of the special occasion I made it my designated day off and said I wouldn't look at anything school related. Plus, I made sure I studied friday and saturday and I felt I had a pretty good grasp on the drugs for my pharmacology test on Tuesday. We got to the rooftop right as the game was starting and most of the seats were taken so we stood in the back, but had a great view of the field anyways. Last year we were right on the first baseline, this year we went to the Ivy League rooftop which was a couple buildings over. The views were good all around. Great view of the field and a great view of the skyline. No matter how many times I drive into the city, night or day, the Chicago skyline makes me smile. It is so beautiful and Im happy to call this city my home.
.JPG)
The beer and food were of plenty and they even had a frozen yogurt machine with all the fixins. It was colder than last year and of course there were wind gusts, but it wasn't miserable. We just needed to bundle up as the day progressed. The sun was out and that was all that mattered.
The cubs didnt do so hot. I was hoping they would make it a "winning streak" after the day prior's victory, but there was no luck. We lost to the Reds 4-3. We stuck it out till the end of the game (unlike most of the fans). However, I may or may not have fallen asleep in the stands for a bit. I was hoping it wasn't too obvious with my sunglasses on, but my dad and chels totally caught me. Nursing school has turned me into an old lady overnight!
One of the highlights of the day was our ride back to my place. We walked there, but by the end of the day my dad's knee was bothering him so he wanted to take a cab back despite the short distance. I kinda jokingly threw out the idea of taking a rickshaw since they were all swerming around outside wrigley field, but that idea turned into a reality. Our driver was nice, but a bit strange (I suppose that's not a shocker considering his profession.) It was the perfect end to a great day and I can't wait to do it again!
.JPG) |
| My favorite pic from the day. This pretty much sums it all up :o) |
I love the smiles...they tell the whole story, and a rickshaw too, what a riot.
ReplyDelete