
That's how long I was up on April 4th (I back dated since Im a bit behind in the blog). I knew when I showed up and there was a line of cages still needing to be cooked I was in trouble. The day shift people had left and come back and I was still cooking away. Mauro had a feeling I'd still be there so he came in early to take over for me. Not early enough for me to get some sleep in before class though. I left work at 6 a.m., went home and took a shower (im not a fan of smelling like sausage in class), and then finished my homework for that day. I decided to drive to school since it was faster and was able to close my eyes for 20 minutes. My class is a lab class and mainly interactive so I was able to stay awake. My classmates were impressed that I didn't look or act like I'd been sleep deprived. After class I had my second wind so I was able to study a bit before meeting with my pharmacology tutor at 4. From there I headed home, did 2 loads of laundry since I was running out of the essentials and managed to not break plans with my friend Ed for dinner. Needless to say it was a good sleep Thursday and one of only nights I can remember sleeping all the way through. Now I know working the night shift as a nurse will be small potatos if that's the job I get.
No comments:
Post a Comment