I finished the public health exam and of course everyone was complaining about how ridiculous the questions were. I personally walk away from those crowds and don't like to talk about the test after the test. It only makes you more nervous when people are like what did you put for this one, oh I put this... yada, yada, yada. I chose to go to the computer lab and print off stuff for my trip to Charlotte (that will be the next post) and ignore all the buzz after the test. There was a quick study session reviewing strips after lunch and then we had a lecture on OB emergencies before the arrhythmia test. Did you know that even with a very low incident rate, 10% of maternal deaths are due to as little as 1cc of amniotic fluid getting into the pulmonary vasculature?! They think the fetal cells and hair cause an anaphylactic reaction and the airway closes. They are now changing the name from amniotic fluid embolism to anaphylactoid syndrome of pregnancy. Anyways it was hard to completely focus in lecture, because all I was thinking about were EKG strips. Then it was test time. Lynn, our instructor, was like guys this isn't suppose to be that stressful and I replied, "Lynn have you met our cohort before?" to which she just laughed. She was kind enough to grade our tests right then and there so we knew if we passed or had to retake it. That was the most nerve-racking part. Just sitting in line waiting your fate. When she graded mine I was able to identify all the strips correctly, I just got one silly multiple choice question wrong which I should have known in the first place (pts in v fib don't have a weak pulse, they have no pulse!). I will take the A though. Since we had two tests that day, Lynn was kind enough to push back our due date for the paper from friday to sunday so that meant I could go home and enjoy a bottle of wine with the company of my roommate. And that is exactly what I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment