Monday, March 11, 2013

Not quite a vacation...

but I'll take it!  As a board member of the Rush chapter of the National Student Nursing Association I was given the opportunity to attend the annual convention in Charlotte, NC and represent Rush as a delegate.  I was really excited because my friend Mary was also invited to go too.  On top of all the tests, papers, work etc I had to get all the paperwork for the trip in within a week so our travels can be approved and funded.  Rush's SNA is going to pay for the entire trip: airfare, ground transportation, hotel stay for 4 nights, our registration fee, an NCLEX review course, all our food, everything!

It's going to be a really great opportunity to learn, network and be a part of the voting process of policies and procedures.  Rush is definitely not flipping the bill on this for me to have a vacation.  I was looking at the convention schedule and most of the days are 14 hours long.  We also have to do a presentation on the conference when we return.  I'm just hoping there is some time to get out and explore the city even just a little bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment