Friday, February 3, 2012

Half Way Through Q1!

Im a little behind on the blog because school and life have been a little time consuming lately.  On the phone with Carla the other day, after talking about school for over 20 minutes strictly about school she asked, "So how is everything else going?"  I paused and thought, what does she mean, there is nothing else besides school right now!  Well, maybe I lied a little, I seem to have a social event pop up almost every weekend, but I by no means go out to the caliber I use to, nor for as long and I am so okay with that.  I think it's important to have something to look forward to.  It prevents burnout and keeps your mind at ease, or at least that's what the experts say...

I have officially hit the half way mark for my first quarter, yet it continues to be an uphill battle.  As soon as you start to get the hang of things your time is half way up.  I think I've figured out how to study for the tests (I got a B on my second patho exam, a vast improvement from my first one) but now we have the added stress of papers and presentations being due.  By Wednesday of next week I have two papers, an exam and my weekly 30 min group presentation due.  My goal is to hammer out the two papers this weekend so I don't have that added stress during the week and more time to study.

I am also getting use to being mediocre.  My entire life I've been in the top of the class when it comes to school, but now I'm going to school with 70 other students who have been the cream-of-the-crop as well.  I know its not a competition and it really doesn't matter, but it's still a little disheartening when the B on my patho exam put me in the bottom third of the class.          

No comments:

Post a Comment