Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yes to the dress: bridesmaid edition

Slowly but surely my friends are getting engaged and married.  I am so excited for Carla's wedding and it's still about a year away.  Last weekend we went shopping for bridesmaid dresses.  I must say she's definitely been the anti-bridezilla, but I guess there is still time.  Since Carla said she just wanted the dresses to be pewter and didn't care what style, I literally pulled every short dress I could off the rack.  After trying on dress after dress we found a few possibilities.  Because we are big dorks we had to see what they dresses would look like in pictures since that's what we'll be doing at the wedding, including the quintessential jumping bridal party pose.  Hence the picture below.....  


I'm sure people thought we were crazy, but we were having a good time.  I like that you can see Carla taking the picture in the mirror too.  So, while we had free range to pick whatever dress, Angie and I both ended up liking the same one (the one she's wearing in the picture).  The dress was forwarded to the other bridemaids and, since uncontested, everyone now is wearing the same dress.  Only problem is it isn't in the color Carla wanted.  Most brides would be like, nope find a new dress.  Our bride was like, okay lets see if I like a color that it does come in.  After much discussion and contemplation we are getting the dress Angie is wearing in the picture in the color of the dress I am wearing in the picture.  Everyone is happy and now we just have to tackle our next obstacle.... yellow shoes.  Finding the dress was a cinch, finding shoes we all agree on will be the achilles' heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment