Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day

For mother's and father's day, Chelsey and I like to do something fun with our parents rather than just give them a gift and card.  I think all parents can agree that there is no greater gift than the presence of your children.      We decided to make the entire day a surprise for my mom.  We started with a mani/pedi and made sure we had a bottle of champagne for mimosas on hand.  Then we were going to go to bingo at the VFW since last time Chels and my mom went she had a blast.  While they state that they have bingo every Sunday, apparently mother's day was an exception. The parking lot was empty.  Soooo, we went back to my mom's house opened a bottle of moscato and devised plan B....
I probably haven't been there since grade school.  I remembered it being so much bigger than what it was, but it was fun to take a trip down memory lane.  We all had our favorites, my mom loved, loved, loved this goat and wouldn't stop petting it to the point that my sister and I just walked out of the barn.  Chelsey was entertained by the llama who was gnawing on the fence post and had to take a video of it.  I was interested in the pigs and all the products they make out of pig parts like chewing gum and insulin injections to name a few. 

After Cosley we got back on our plan for the day and went to Pepper Jack's for some dinner and a margarita or two.  I was enlightened by the concept of the Coronarita which is a beer flipped over in a margarita.  My mom wasn't the biggest fan, but did her best to get it down.  Also, I discovered for the first time my sisters extensive widows peak.  Being that it's a inherited dominant trait and no one else in the family has one, I think she's adopted.  All in all it was a great day and my mom had an awesome time.  Now the planning for father's day is in the works!  

Eddie Munster

Widow Peakless

Mother-daughter bonding at its finest

No comments:

Post a Comment