Monday, May 21, 2012
Cinco de Mayo Study Party!
Sorry for the long delay in a blog update. This quarter has been a bit overwhelming. Week 7 was dubbed the hell week. We pretty much had a test in every class and it was conveniently scheduled right after the Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky derby. I was a bit bummed because how often do two great events happen to fall on the same day?! I knew forgoing a study group was not an option so we decided to spice it up a bit and make it a cinco de mayo themed study group. I headed to Trader Joe's that morning to pick up some taquitos to snack on that night and the fixins for real margaritas. One friend was going to bring Tequilla and another some chips and salsa, we were set!
This was one of the longest study groups we've had. I think everyone came over around 3 and didn't leave until at least 10 or 11 that night. We started by getting down to business with cardiovascular and muskuloskeletal systems. After getting a good handle on the material, the drinks came out. We decided it would fun and productive to turn our review questions into a drinking game. You get the answer right, you are rewarded with a sip from your drink. I think everyone had a good night and I wasn't bitter that I missed out on a great night out in the city. While you might think this wasn't the best method for studying, but I ended up getting one of my best scores in that class and was 7% above the class average. Ah, the secret to success.... Tequila!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment